Thursday, February 9, 2012

Memories

A fog in my mind
The ebbs and the flow
Moments and snippets
Of a time long ago

Can hear your voice
In the back of my mind
Where long it's been buried
A quiet place to hide

Look into my eyes
You're still living there
At times far away
Sometimes quite near

You come out to play
In the depths of my dreams
Sometimes I wonder
How long ago it seems

Where are you now?
What happened to you?
When I look at the stars
Are you looking at them too?

If I could go back
Just one moment in time
I'd spend it with you
Special friend of mine!

2 comments:

Susan said...

Oh, dear Lea, this poem strikes such a chord with me. Beautifully written with such feeling.
I think it's so nice how you share your work with us.
Susan xx

Susan said...

Oh, dear Lea, this poem strikes such a chord with me. Beautifully written with such feeling.
I think it's so nice how you share your work with us.
Susan xx